National Learn to Code Day Build a Browser Extension
September 22, 2018 (12:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
National Learn to Code Day Build a Browser Extension!
Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 12:00PM
Join thousands of Canadians coast to coast to coast taking their first steps learning about Computer Science.
Never coded before? Have no prior experience with Computer Science? No problem! This workshop is designed for absolute beginners!
During the workshop, you’ll learn:
• basic programming techniques and concepts that are translatable to other programming languages
• load and update extensions using Chrome’s developer mode
• get an idea of the resources available in order to continue learning
What you must bring:
• A laptop, and power cord. (Don’t have a laptop? We will have a few available for borrowing)
• A buddy! This is a bring a buddy event. Dudes are required to bring a women friend (moms, grandmoms, and sisters totally count)
• 4 hours of your time! This is a deep learning workshop!
• Come hungry. We will be serving pizza :)
Don’t forget to get your tickets for your and your buddy for the event. Space is limited to 20 participants!
Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 12:00PM to 4
24 University Avenue
Patterson Hall - Top Floor,
Organised in Cooperation With
Refresh is a community of designers, developers and innovators working to refresh the creative, technical, and professional culture of digital technology endeavours in the Annapolis Valley while promoting design, technology, and entrepreneurship.