BACS with Game Development Option
Playing a video game is fun. Building a video game as part of a dynamic studio team is some of most exciting work you can imagine. Game development requires serious skills including programming, software engineering, and modeling; applying the latest techniques in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Human Computer Interaction and other important areas of Computer Science. In order to succeed in this rapidly-changing field, you must have the necessary foundations, and you must be prepared to be a life-long learner. The BACS with Game Development Option is a four-year program that provides the foundations necessary for a rewarding career in the exciting field of game development. Be prepared to be challenged.
- Core BACS Specialization Courses:
Comp 1113, 1123, 2103, 2113, 2203, 2213, 2663, 2903, 3343, 3613, 3663, 3713, 3753, 4983(Project must be in the area of game development), and Math 1413 or 1313, and 1323 or 1333, each with C- or better (48h)
- A set of required specialty courses, each completed with a grade of C- or better. (36h total)
Game Development Specialty Courses: seven courses (21h)
- Math 2313 - Linear Algebra 2
- Comp 3553 - Computer Graphics
- Comp 3583 - Human Computer Interaction
- Comp 3773 - Advance Object-Oriented Programming with C++
- Comp 4343 - Computer Networks, Distributed Systems
- Comp 4613 - Artificial Intelligence 2
- Comp 4553 - Game Development
Other five courses (15h)
15h from any department with permission of the School of Computer Science.
- Math 1013, 1023, 2233 each with C- or better (9h)
- 6h selected from English, Art at the 1000-level, Classics, Comparative Religion, a single language other than English, History, Music (not applied, vocal or instrumental methods, or practical studies), Philosophy, Theology (Theo 3013/23, Bibl 2013/23, Gree 3013/23), or Women's Gender Studies "or Comm 1213 and 1223 (if specialization is not Software Development.
- 9h of courses from the Faculty of Arts (not Econ 2613, 2623, or Soci 3103)
- 12h of electives with at most 6h in Comp
- A minimum CGPA of 2.00 is required to be eligible to graduate
- The Comp 4983 project must be in the area of the specialization